There are times when you just need to listen to
some songs that fit the mood that you are in, preferably with cocktails. So we are going to oblige. The first one will be for relaxing although some may fall under melancholy, music is subjective so there may be some overlap, but it is all good!
Below are recipes for both frozen & hot chocolate with or without the alcohol that pair perfectly with some relaxing music. We want to help you create the PERFECT moment, Cheers!
Adele- Love Song
Fleetwood Mac- Landslide
Bap Kennedy- Moonlight Kiss
Jaymes Young- I’ll be Good
Sia- Breathe Me
Hans Zimmer-Time (Inception)
Neuroscientists from the UK have found that listening to this playlist here clinically reduces stress, so you can check it out on Spotify. Actually, the one song “Weightless” actually reduced stress by 65%, I will be doing my own research on that one.
Chocolate seems like a safe bet to go with relaxing music, so below you will find a fabulous recipe for real hot chocolate and Serendipity’s famous frozen hot chocolate. The recipes can be easily adjusted to be a cocktail by adding some coffee or chocolate liquor.
Serendipity’s Frozen Hot Chocolate
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 tablespoons Ghirardelli cocoa
- 1 tablespoon Hershey’s cocoa
- 1 tablespoon Scharffen Berger
- cocoa powder (see Notes)
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups ice
- On top
- Whipped cream
- Shavings from a semisweet chocolate bar
Combine the sugar, dry milk powder, cocoas, and salt in a
small bowl. Pour the milk into a blender. Add the dry mix and ice. Blend until all the ice is crushed and the drink is smooth. Pour
into a large goblet or two 16-ounce glasses. Top the drink
with whipped cream and shavings from a semisweet chocolate
bar, then add a spoon and straw
and serve. To make alcoholic, reduce or eliminate the sugar and add 2 oz of coffee or chocolate liquor
Notes: Makes one 30-ounce serving or two 15-ounce servings. If you can’t locate this brand of cocoa, use 3 tablespoons Ghirardelli cocoa powder and 1 tablespoon Hershey’s cocoa powder.
Perfect Hot Chocolate
- 1 ounce semisweet or dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar (optional, to taste)
- 1 pinch salt
- In a small saucepan, mix the chocolate, cocoa powder and 1/2 cup of the milk over low heat. Stir continuously until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Add the rest of the milk and the salt. Stir, then allow to heat the rest of the way through.
- Stir in sugar to taste. Pour into a mug and top with marshmallows or whipped cream, if desired.
To make alcoholic eliminate sugar and add 1 oz of coffee or chocolate liquor.