Use these icebreaker questions for work that are perfect for in person happy hour get togethers or virtual happy hours. Questions are a great way for your team to open up and get to know each other!
Now more than ever, our work schedules have changed. We may not be in the office for 5 days anymore, it may be more like 3 days. Whether we are remote or in office, we need our teams to still be able to connect and celebrate!
Ice breaker questions for work
Use these at your next happy hour or gathering with friends to break the ice. You can download our ice breaker questions infographic here.
1. Do you have any unusual skills?
2. What was the last movie that you saw?\
3. What sporting events do you like to go to?
4. If you are watching a sport, what is the most likely?
5. What was the last party game that you played?
6. What was the best thing that you have watched on tv or streamed in the last month?
7. What genre of movies do you enjoy the most? Action, horror, drama, romantic comedy or historical?
8. Name a favorite movie or character from Disney.
9. What is your favorite ride at an amusement park?
10. Name a favorite weekend activity.
11. What do you like to do when you want to relax?
12. Do you enjoy traveling?
13. What was one of your favorite vacations?
14. What country would you like to visit for a month?
15. What type of vacations do you love the most? An active outdoor vacation more a luxury resort?
16. How will your life change when you retire? Are you planning to move?
17. What is something that really makes you happy?
18. What is a traditional meal that your family makes that you love?
19. What was the last craft that you made?
20. How often are you on your computer or phone for fun?
21. Do you like Marvel movies? Who is your favorite?
22. What musical is the most special to you?
Zoom Icebreaker questions
23. Are you good at fixing things around the house?
24. What was the last animal that you saw? (other than a cat or a dog)
25. What is your favorite ethnic food?
26. What do you cook that is your signature dish?
27. What is more your style, lying on the beach or hiking up a mountain?
28. What is one thing that you would change about your work day and why?
29. What career did you want when you were a kid?
30. What is your favorite exercise or way to stay active?
31. What is your most underrated skill?
32. You get to spend an evening talking to anyone, living or dead, who do you choose?
33. Name a favorite movie that you can watch over and over?
34. What is your favorite casual clothes to wear?
35. What is your favorite work tool and why?
36. What app do you use the most often?
37. What was the most fun work event that you have ever attended?
38. What is usually the best part of your day?
39. What is something that scares you?
40. What is your go to comfort food?
41. Are you more of a morning person or a night owl?
42. Where were you born?
43. What is the place that you were born known for?
44. What was your high school or college mascot?
45. Do you prefer a Mac or PC?
46. Who inspires you?
47. If you could have anyone as a professional mentor, who would you choose?
Fun icebreaker questions for work
49. More Ice breakers for work
50. What tech toy do you enjoy?
51. What holiday is do you look forward to the most? Why?
52. What is your favorite local restaurant?
53. Name a goal that you have that is not work related
54. How often are you out in nature?
55. What do you like to listen to in the car?
56. Do you have a favorite podcast right now?
57. What was the last book that you read?
58. If you could have one season last for half the year, which would it be and why?
59. What color would you like your office to be?
60. Name something on your bucket list.
61. What do you do for fun?
62. What is a favorite beverage?
63. What was the last show that you binged?
64. What was the most adventurous thing that you have ever done?
65. What is something that you were nervous to do, but did it anyway?
66. How far do you like to push yourself out of your comfort zone?
67. What is something that you dream about doing?
68. How large of a family do you come from?
69. What is your go to snack?
70. If you could visit another era, what time period would you choose?
71. What type of music is most found on your favorite playlist?
72. What was the best concert that you have ever gone to?
Interesting Ice breaker questions
73. Is there a quote that is meaningful to you?
74. What is a great local restaurant for a business lunch?
75. What food do you love that your co workers sometimes bring to the office?
76. What delivery service do you use the most?
77. Where are some places that you like to take day trips to?
78. What software tools do you wish you had access to at work?
79. What perks would you love to see added to your job?
80. Do you have any pets? Tell us about them.
81. What are you the most proud of that you have created?
82. What chore would you be happy to never do again?
83. If you could just get in the car and drive, where would your likely destination be?
84. Do you like to take photos?
85. Do you enjoy shopping? Online or stores?
86. What is your favorite summer dessert?
87. Are there any lakes that you enjoy visiting near by?
88. Do you enjoy any watersports such as boating or kayaking?
89. Do you have any children?
90. Do you enjoy festivals? What types?
91. Are you a very organized person?
92. Do your like rollercoasters?
93. What national parks have you visited?
94. How far would you travel for a food craving?
95. Do you like summer or fall better?
96. Do you stay in touch with any of your college friends?
97. What country would you choose to live in other than the country where you live now?
98. Are you active in any clubs or groups?
99. What foods did you grow up eating that you still love?
100. Do you have any siblings?
101. Who do think made the biggest impact on who you are today?
Conclusion Ice breaker questions for work
One of the things that has changed with the information age, is how we interact and communicate with each other. That is why asking questions is the simplest way to get the ball rolling.
We all need a little push to get a conversation started. We tend to text more than we talk sometimes but that is no way to really get to know anyone.
This is especially true when you don’t know the person that well. We need to see their facial expressions and body language to understand their words better.
That is why our ice breaker questions for work are the perfect way to get to know others in a fun and interesting way!