Our questions to get to know someone makes conversations much more insightful. Getting people to open up can be difficult which is why asking questions makes it so much easier.
What do you think will get a better response, “Why don’t you tell me about yourself?” or specific questions about things that are really important to them?
Most people love to talk about themselves, so your job is to light the spark and then listen. Great conversations are give and take.
Talk about your similar experiences and make it personal. Discuss the things that you want them to know about you also.
We have lots of article links below that have many questions to get to know someone. Check out our “questions to get to know someone infographics” to share or print out to keep handy.
Questions to get to know someone
- Who knows the most about you?
- What is something that you will NEVER do again?
- What type of person do you tend to admire? Entrepreneurs, sports athletes, authors, actors?
- Who do you think is the best female singer?
- Who is the smartest person that you know?
- Did you ever dream of being in a band?
- What was the most fun job that you ever had?
- What was the worst job that you ever had to do?
- What class in college did you really love?
- Were you in a fraternity or sorority in college?
- If you were (in a frat or sorority) what was it known for?
- What was the craziest thing that your parents did that you know about?
- Are you a good cook? What foods do you like to make?
- What is your go-to comfort food?
- What do you enjoy doing the most on your free weekends?
- What is a pet peeve that you have?
- What do people do that makes you angry?
- What is something that makes you happy?
- Do you like where you live right now?
- What do you not feel guilty spending money on?
- What is your dream car?
- Would you rather take a walk on the beach, stay on a blanket and read a book or fish from the pier?
- What type of sports do you enjoy? Either watching or participating.
- Could you live off the grid?
- How are you managing staying home more?
- Has staying home changed your thoughts on anything?
- Name a celebrity that you would like to have a conversation with.
- Who is an author that you enjoy reading?
- What was the last book that you read?
More questions to get to know someone
- Do you enjoy the outdoors? Going camping or hiking?
- What is a good memory that you have from a childhood vacation?
- Who drives you crazy in your family?
- Are you a skeptical person?
- What do you think about “conspiracy theories?”
- What is one food and non alcoholic drink that you could not live without?
- Do you enjoy any creative pursuits? Painting, photography, gardening, writing music?
- Name your favorite movies from different genres, romantic comedies, action & dramas.
- Do you enjoy being around people or are you more of an introvert?
- Did you ever meet someone famous? If so how did you act?
- What do you love the most about the holidays?
- Do you have crazy people in your family?
- What do you like more, cake, pie or candy?
- What is your favorite flavor of birthday cake?
- Does your family celebrate any ethnic traditions?
- What is your favorite way to work out?
- What are your favorite holidays throughout the year?
- What was the most unusual place that you have ever visited?
- Are you a romantic? What was the most romantic thing that you have done for someone?
- Are you a thrill seeker that enjoys any extreme sports or activities?
- Do you think that you are a high maintenance person?
- How would your friends describe you? Give the good and the bad!
- What movie have you enjoyed lately? How about a series?
- What gets you excited or gives you energy?
- What is your worst habit?
- What are some traits that you really dislike in other people?
- Do you think that you work well with others?
- Have you ever been fired or quit in a huff?
- How much money would it take to feel rich? How about to be comfortable?
Fun questions to get to know someone
- What would you buy if you won the lottery?
- Are you a spender or a saver?
- How many long term relationships have you had?
- Do you like spending a lot of time with your friends?
- Who is your best friend?
- If you had the chance to live in another time period, what time period would you choose, and why?
- Do you like being the center of attention?
- Do you have a large family?
- Are you close with your immediate family?
- Do you like adventure? What is your idea of adventure?
- Have you ever been on a cruise?
- Have you ever had a scary flight? What happened?
- Have you ever gotten lost somewhere that made you nervous?
- Where was the most luxurious place that you have ever stayed?
- What was your most memorable road trip?
- Do you like animals? What are your favorites to have as pets?
- Would you ever like to go on a safari in Africa?
- Have you ever hunted any animals?
- Are you a rebel? In what way?
- Do you pay attention to the news and what is going on in the world?
- Are you involved in politics? What is your party of choice?
- Do you have any causes that you volunteer or are interested in?
- How do you like to relax? How often do you feel relaxed?
- What are you really good at?
- Do you enjoy reading? What online papers do you read most?
- How would you like to spend your time when you retire?
- Is there a chore that you actually like to do?
- How much time are you on your phone?
- Have you visited a tropical island? Where? What did you like about it?
- Would you rather vacation in Paris or Hawaii?
- What makes you smile?
Deep questions to get to know someone
- When was the last time that you cried?
- What do you usually do after dinner in the evenings?
- Do you have a quote that you really relate to?
- What house chore do you hate? Would you pay someone to do it for you?
- Do you get embarrassed easily?
- Do you remember a favorite childhood movie?
- Would you say that you are funny and have a good sense of humor?
- What sport do you like to watch the most? Football, baseball or soccer?
- Are you happy where you are in your life at this moment?
- What are some of the most important things that you want to experience in your life?
- What did you want to be when you grew up when you were a child?
- Have you ever sang in public? How good were you?
- What are you proud of that you have accomplished?
- What motivates you to accomplish your goals?
- Do you enjoy your job or career?
- What would you change about your life if you could snap your fingers?
- Are you religious or more spiritual?
- Do you think of yourself as a person of integrity?
- What verb best describes you?
- Do you like the idea of universal income? Why?
- What activity do you get “lost” in?
- What or who inspires you?
- What challenges have you overcome in your life?
- Who do you confide in the most?
- Have you thought about what you want your funeral to look like?
- If you could change sexes and nationalities, would you choose something different from who you are? Why?
- Do you enjoy learning? Would you take classes as an adult?
- What in your life will you always make time for?
- Make three wishes…
More fun questions to get to know someone
- If you wrote a book, what would it be about?
- What are your favorite water sports? Boating, surfing, water skiing?
- Do you have a hard time sleeping at night?
- If you could create anything, what would you make?
- Do you trust easily or is it very hard for you to trust people?
- What was the best part of your last relationship?
- Do you tend to learn from your mistakes or do you often make the same ones?
- Are you a procrastinator or do you dive right into projects?
- What is your favorite Christmas movie?
- What was your most memorable birthday?
- Can you laugh at yourself?
- What is the weirdest thing about you?
- What kids’ foods do you still eat? Cereal, candies, applesauce etc.
- Do you believe in ghosts and UFOs?
- Have you ever had a paranormal experience?
- Would you ever go on a haunted places city tour?
- What was your first car? What was your favorite car that you have ever had?
- Do you enjoy video games? What is your favorite?
- What is your favorite 90s song? 80s? 70s?
- What movie do you watch that makes you laugh each and every time?
- What are your go-to quotes?
- What is your zodiac sign?
- What social media platform do you hate the most?
- How long would you last if you needed to rely on your survival skills?
- What job would you never want to do?
- What foods do you really dislike?
- What awards have you won so far in your life?
- When was the last time that you were really scared?
More deep questions to get to know someone
- Do you have any type of phobia? When did that first start?
- Would you ever go skydiving or bungee jumping?
- What are some deal breakers in a relationship?
- What is your favorite cocktail? Have you ever tried the classics? Martinis, Manhattans, Tom Collins etc.
- Do you have moments of silliness with those close to you?
- What is your favorite way to get exercise?
- Do you exercise regularly?
- Do you generally eat healthy or is that not a focus?
- Do you like to spend time alone?
- How are you similar to your mom and dad? How are you different?
- Have you ever been vindictive to someone that hurt you?
- Do you think that you are a good partner?
- Do you use your major in your job right now?
- Do you prefer the country or the city?
- Where do you spend most of your time online?
- What show or movie do you quote from most often?
- Do you like to start your day really early or do you prefer to work late?
- Do you enjoy concerts?
- What are some memorable concerts you have been to?
- How do you deal with stressful times in life?
- Do you make wishes in fountains?
- What are you the most excited about in your life?
- What is your favorite thing to do in the spring?
- Do you enjoy winter activities? Do you ski or go sledding?
- What is your favorite thing to do in the summer?
- What is your favorite thing about the winter months?
- Do you enjoy fall activities? Picking pumpkins, baking apple pies, jumping in leaf piles?
Questions to get to know a guy
- Do you dress up at Halloween?
- Would you ever go to a haunted house at a haunted prison?
- What are your favorite horror movies?
- Do you enjoy the holiday season?
- What are your family’s traditions over the holidays?
177. Do you remember a really special Christmas gift that you received?
178. Name something that you have tried to do well but still are terrible at.
179. Is traveling something that is important to you?
180. Where have you traveled to that you would never revisit?
181. Where have you traveled to that you would go back to?
- Are you a Disney World fan? Have you ever been there?
- Where did you stay when you vacationed at Disney world?
- Would you enjoy an active vacation, such as one there you kayak or go hiking?
- Do you like to fly?
- Where were the most interesting airports that you have been to?
- Would you ever like to take month-long vacations?
- Are you able to work remotely?
- What is your idea of the perfect day?
- Are you game to try new things or are you hesitant?
- Do you enjoy spending time in nature or are you more of a homebody?
- Are you more of a planner or do you do things more spontaneously?
- How would you describe yourself with money?
- What don’t you mind spending money on?
- What do you think people are crazy to spend too much money on?
- Is it important to you to have a large house and an expensive car?
- What are your thoughts on climate change?
- Are you someone that thinks of the effects on the environment before you make large purchases?
- Have you ever volunteered?
Questions to get to know a girl
- What charities do you give to the most often?
- Who is your favorite movie villain?
- What movie or TV show did you root for the villain to win?
- What was your favorite band when you were younger?
- What is your favorite band or singer now?
- What talent do you have?
- Have you taken any music or instrument classes?
- Are you good at playing any musical instruments?
- Are you usually on time or always late?
- What is your normal morning routine?
- Do you normally have dreams that you remember in the morning?
- Have you ever won money gambling or from the lottery?
- Are you a mentor to anyone?
- What cities have you been to that you really liked?
- What did you like the most about the cities?
- What is one skill that you would like to get much better at?
- What qualities are important to you for your friends to have?
- What are the qualities in people that make you want to not be around them at all?
- How many close friends do you have?
- How have friends or family disappointed you in the past?
- Everyone has flaws but some can be deal breakers. What flaws are your deal breakers?
- What challenges have you overcome that really made you stronger?
- What do your friends love the most about you?
223. Do you believe “white lies” are real lies?
224. What is something that you regret doing?
- Have you ever done anything really stupid when you had a few drinks?
- Do you remember ever getting caught in a lie? What happened?
- Do you believe in a God?
- Do you believe in heaven and hell?
More Fun questions to get to know someone
- Have you ever had a psychic experience?
- What is something that your future MUST include?
- How much time do you spend with your family?
- Do people confide in you or ask for your advice?
- Would you like to have children? How many?
- What is your idea of the perfect wedding? Something small and intimate or a big traditional wedding?
- What is your idea of cheating? The physical act or does it include online engagement?
- Do you see women as the primary caregiver for the family?
- Did your father help with the kids at home when you were young?
- Do you think that you had good role models as parents?
- Does getting older scare you?
- How do you react when someone is upset with you?
- When an argument gets heated, what do you usually do? Try to solve the issue or walk away until everyone is cooler?
- Do you like to debate people? Are you good at it?
243. What advice would you give your 18 year old self?
244. What do you tend to always procrastinate on?
245. If you could go back in time and re-do it, what would you change and why?
246. Has anyone close to you ever had an addiction problem? How did that affect you?
- Have you forgiven people that have hurt you?
- Have you had an estranged relationship with someone?
- What is your greatest motivation?
- What was your first impression of me?
What are questions to ask to get to know someone?
We have got you covered with questions for any purpose or situation. All total there are close to 1000 questions to keep your conversations flowing!
What are some deep questions to ask?
As your relationship progresses, it’s great to have many different questions available so that your conversations don’t end up being just small talk.
Having deep conversation topics handy can be used to really get to know someone.
What should I ask in 21 questions?
We have the perfect article! 21 Questions to Ask a Guy to Start a Conversation
What are personal questions?
The post below has good questions to ask that are more personal. These are not questions to ask if you don’t know them that well.
These questions will help to create more intimacy in your relationship. We already know that we need to find ways to stay connected and questions make it a little bit easier.
What are good random questions?
Luckily we just finished a great article of random questions to ask. They will keep things interesting.
Just remember to really listen to the answers so that you can get to know them and use that as a jumping off point for more conversations.
First date & date night questions
We love our date night questions! Keep them available when you are taking a drive or eating dinner. You don’t have to worry about awkward silences anymore.
If you find that they are passionate about something, make an effort to learn a little more about it. This way you can ask more questions about a topic that they love.
Conclusion questions to get to know someone
Often when we start conversations we fall into the trap of asking surface questions that are not really engaging. We all have been in situations where we don’t know what to say.
Our goal is to connect with the people that we spend time with. It does not matter if we have known someone forever or if it’s someone completely new.
We ask questions to get to know someone not to find all their faults, but to get a full picture of who they are and why they feel the way that they do. Each of the questions offer a window into their childhood, relationships and the person that they are today.
As we mentioned before its not easy for everyone to open up, but when you ask things in different ways, you get a much better idea of the REAL person.
Often we want to show only the things that we THINK you want to hear, but this is a much better way to get to the truth.
There is always something new to learn about someone, since we all change. Questions to get to know someone helps to make and create stronger connections.