Start by breathing deep…
How to Savor Life- 5 Ways
1. Start the day by breathing deep and enjoying your favorite cup of tea or coffee. Take a look outside and find a a way to celebrate whatever season it may be. Visit a farmers market and buy something in season or spruce up the house or apartment with some in-season flowers. To savor life means to appreciate the simple moments.
2. Who in your life could you reach out to and brighten? A friend that you haven’t spoken to? A parent that you haven’t seen for a while? Taking a meal to a neighbor, or flowers to an ex-coworker? Simply making someone else’s day special will make your day special also.
3. Today is the day to do our best so if we are cooking a meal, make it a kick-ass meal. If you are exercising make sure to get those endorphins pumping. Try to really put in the effort and make it count whatever you take on today!
4. Spend a little time meditating. This will force you to be in the moment and help you focus. Find a guided meditation on youtube if you are a novice or download an app that will remind you daily to take some time to get centered.
5. Take stock of all the things that you are grateful for in your life. Write them down! So often we spend time focusing on all the things that we have not achieved. Life moves fast and it’s easy to forget the wonderful things that we have all experienced at some point. We all need reminders!
Savoring Life Quotes
“Seize every second of your life and savor it. Value your present moments” –Wayne Dyer
Forever is composed of “nows” – Emily Dickinson
“Life is a journey, not a destination” –Ralph Waldo Emerson
“Life is a preparation for the future, and the best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none.” ― Albert Einstein
“Today is life, the only life you are sure of.” –Dale Carnegie
“The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles, but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly.” – Buddha
“Begin at once to live, and count each separate day as a separate life’. -Seneca
“As you walk and eat and travel, be where you are. Otherwise, you will miss most of your life”. -Buddha
“Now go and have an adventure” –Marlin Finding Nemo