When you use our fun conversation starters the chances of having meaningful conversations is dramatically improved.
Having great conversations is how we stay connected to each other.
No one wants to have those superficial conversations such as “How are things going?” or “What have you been up to lately?”
Those questions don’t have many places to go making them dead ends. This is why our fun conversation starters are perfect to use for date night or parties to create meaningful conversations.
Fun conversation starters
- What snack food could you not live without?
- What/where is your favorite restaurant? And what do they specialize in?
- How do you waste time when you are procrastinating?
- Do you follow any celebrities on social media? Who?
- Who do you admire for what they have accomplished?
- Would you like if you never had to work again?
- Are you a big sports fan? What team and sports?
- Do you believe in following your dreams?
- Do you like to play board games?
- What were your favorites games as a kid?
- Would you like to be a “stay at home” mom or dad?
- How are your “direction skills” when you are driving?
- Do you need to be in charge or are you happy to let someone else take charge?
- Who was the worst boss that you have ever had?
- If you were ever fired, what was the reason?
- People can be tough to get along with, can you defuse a situation that gets heated?
- Would you rather “talk it out” or “let it go” and hope it’s forgotten about?
- If you could create your dream business, what would you create?
- Name 3 things on your bucket list that you really want to do.
- What is something that someone did to you that made you sad?
- Do you believe in “forgive but never forget?”
- Would you ever use a “Slip and Slide” now as an adult?
- What celebrity do you look the most like?
- What celebrity have others told you that you look like?
- Do you like to dance? What kind do you enjoy the most?
- Did you ever watch “Dancing with the Stars” and want to learn a new dance?
- Do you feel anxious right now?
- Do you like or love chocolate?
- What mark do you want to make in this world?
- What are the things that trigger your temper?
- Do you think that you have a good sense of humor?
More fun conversation starters
- Do you ever want to build a house? What style do you like the most?
- Do you enjoy camping?
- Would you rather go camping with an RV, tent or in a cabin?
35. Do you enjoy gardening or planting veggies?
- What type of diet do you enjoy the most? Keto, Vegetarian, Mediterranean etc.
- What are you the most passionate about?
- Name something that makes you really happy.
- What is something that drives you crazy about people?
- Do you like to eat breakfast for dinner? What are your faves?
- Do you wake up generally happy or grumpy?
- How often do you feel lucky or grateful for what you have?
- Do you feel like you will ever have enough money to make you happy?
- Do you like thunderstorms or hate them?
- What is more appealing to you: a pub crawl or a wine tasting?
- When was the last time that you felt “awe?”
47. Would you write a “love letter?”
- Who can you really count on in your life?
- What classes or courses would you take to learn more about?
- Would you ever get a tattoo? What kind would you get?
- Do you think boys or girls are more difficult to raise? Why?
- Would you rather go for a long walk or a hike?
- How much time do you spend working out a week? (you can fib a little)
- Do you dress up for Halloween? What was your best costume?
- How often do you like to shop online?
- Have you ever spent time “online dating?”
Funny conversation starters
57. Do you spend more time on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or Snap?
58. Where do you spend the least amount of time on social media?
- Do you ever hang out with your parents? How about your siblings?
- What is the number one way that you like to spend your time?
- Is it easy or hard for you to be lazy all day?
- How similar are you to your Zodiac sign characteristics?
- What are you addicted to?
- What is the last song that you saved to your playlist?
- If you could listen to only one artist, who would that be?
- Who would you like to be president right now?
- Were you popular in school?
- What is your favorite place that you have ever visited?
- What places do you want to travel to before you get too old?
- Would you fly in a helicopter or small plane?
- How does a romantic hot air balloon ride sound?
- What do you think is the best junk food ever?
- What protests/movements do you feel strongly about being part of?
- Would you ever think about going into politics?
- What is the perfect work schedule that you would love?
- What was your last DIY project? How did it turn out?
- Did you like Hamilton? (the only answer is yes)
- What was your favorite musical either now or when you were younger?
- What songs from that musical do you remember?
- Do you like any specific design or cooking shows?
- What type of videos do you find yourself watching on YouTube?
- What was the best party that you have ever been to?
More funny conversation starters
- How do you cheer up someone that is upset or crying?
- How much time do you spend with your family?
- What did you study/Major in school?
- Did school come easy for you or was it hard?
- What language do you enjoy listening to?
- Would you take the time to learn a new language?
- If you had a personal assistant, what would you have them do?
- Who is the funniest person that you know?
- Who is the worst pain in the ass that you know?
- Whose life do you look to as a “model” of what you would like yours to ultimately look like?
- How mechanically inclined are you?
- How much money do you save from your paycheck?
- What makes you unique?
- Would you rather have a sports car or a SUV?
- What is your dream car?
- Do you like to go to food festivals?
- Would you consider putting a time limit on your phone?
- What comfort foods do you crave?
- How far would you travel for good food?
- What are you really good at? (interesting answers only)
- Which is a stronger emotion, fear or joy?
- Would you rather hire someone to remodel your house or watch YouTube to learn how to DIY?
- How often do you eat fast food? (be honest)
- What types of people do you follow on social media? Athletes, Influencers?
- Do you invest in stocks or funds?
- What shows are your guilty pleasures?
- Who do you hope Karma takes care of?
- What is your favorite breakfast food?(Poptarts count!)
- Would you ever like to work remotely and travel?
- What movie inspires you?
- Where would you like to go on a road trip? Route 66 or visiting State Parks?
- What is something that many people want, but you couldn’t care less about?
- When were you the poorest that you have ever been?
- How would you describe your personality? (don’t be shy!)
- What are your best skills?
What is the best conversation starter?
The best ones are the conversation starters that help you to learn more about the other person in an very easy way. Try our article below for some great ideas especially if you are just getting to know each other.
How do you start an interesting conversation?
There are many ways to start interesting conversations and we have tips on how to help you do just that!
Effective communication is so important to creating a spark and helping to grow and make your relationships stronger.
What are some good topics to discuss?
That will depend on what you are more interested in finding out. Would you like to know what their values are? Or do you want to find out if they like sushi?
Obviously you will want to know the answer to many questions on different topics, eventually.
Try to focus on the questions and conversation starters that are most important to you right now and then move on to the deeper conversation starters.
What are good conversation starters with a guy?
Use the fun conversation starters that we have listed here! Many can be used for both girls and guys so find the ones that fit your specific situation.
- What characteristics do you share with your zodiac sign?
120. What comedy movie is so stupid but you find it hilarious?
- What was the most dangerous thing that you have ever done?
- When was the last time you went to church or synagogue?
- What experiences have you had with the Military?
- Have you ever taken a physical challenge?
- Have you ever invented anything?
- What was the most romantic thing that you have ever planned for someone?
- What makes you jealous?
- Do you like to get dressed up or are jeans and tees more your style?
- Who do you feel responsible for?
Conversation starters for texting
While we do have a dedicated article on this very topic, many of our fun conversation starters can be texted too!
Conversation starters with a girl
- What is your favorite ethnic food to cook?
- What does your dream wedding look like?
- What is an obsession that you have?
- Have you ever done a Tik Tok?
- What do you like the most about yourself?
- What do you like least about yourself?
- What dreams do you want to achieve?
- Who do you confide the most in?
- What is your favorite romantic comedy?
- How often do you text on your phone?
Deep conversation starters
- Most of us have a nightmare that we have had more than once, what happens in your nightmare?
- What would be your main reasons for leaving a marriage?
- What drives you?
- What qualities do you think are the most important in a partner?
- Are you afraid of failure?
- How often do you feel lonely?
- Have you ever felt like giving up?
- Has living in this time changed you? How?
- Would you want to know your future if you had the chance?
- When you are stressed, what is it mainly about?
- Are you happy with where you are in your life?
- Do you think that you are a good person?
- What is the most selfish thing that you have done recently?
- Do you jump in to help when you see someone in need?
- Who are you the most protective of?
- Do you have a creative side?
- Would you want to be more like your mom or dad? Why?
- What was the hardest thing that you have had to deal with in your life?
Conversation starters for couples
- What is your most romantic memory of us?
- Do you think that we are soul mates?
- What was the most meaningful gift that you have ever received?
- Do you like to take couples photos?
- How do you feel about holding hands and kissing in public?
- Who do you feel the closest to in MY family?
- Were your parents strict when you were growing up? Who was worse?
- Do you think that I am (or will be) a good mom or dad?
- How would you describe our relationship?
Conversation starters with friends
- Would you go on a blind date if I set you up on one? (if single!)
- What is your best advice about relationships?
- What is the most important trait in a best friend?
- What was the craziest time that you ever had with your friends?
- Do you think it’s easier to be friends with girls or guys? Why?
- Do you read/follow your zodiac?
Conclusion conversation starters
Never stop learning about each other!
People change and their thoughts and feelings change over time.
If you want to be on the same page as those that you are closest to, you will need to keep connecting with them in meaningful ways. We want to help you do just that in a fun way!