We have lots of spooky & scary Halloween quotes, captions & sayings for you to share on all of your social media posts.
Halloween is a holiday that we all love, even if we are too old for trick or treating anymore.
How do you wish someone Happy Halloween?
When you are wishing someone happy Halloween you can keep it simple by using these Halloween sayings such as “Trick or treat” or one the almost 100 Halloween quotes, sayings and captions that we have listed below!
What is the best part of Halloween?
The best part of Halloween is the fun and fantasy that we celebrate on this magical day.
- The setting is the beautiful fall weather and cooler temperatures
- Many decorate their homes in haunting and colorful ways
- Everyone loves to go to Halloween parties that have amazing fun food & drinks
- Visiting haunted houses
- Creative costumes
- Trick or treating for Halloween candy
- Horror movie marathons
- Halloween Mazes at local farms
- Carving pumpkins after visiting a pumpkin patch
- Pumpkin Spice (OK, not technically Halloween, but still… pumpkin spice!)
Short Halloween quotes
1. “It’s as much fun to scare as to be scared”-Vincent Price
2. “There is something haunting in the light of the moon “-Joseph Conrad
3. “Where there is no imagination there is no horror”– Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
4. “Shadows mutter, mist replies; darkness purrs as midnight sighs.”– Rusty Fischer
Scary Halloween quotes
5. From ghoulish and ghosties and long leggety beasties and things that go bump in the night, Good Lord, deliver us!– Scottish saying
6. “I love Halloween, and I love that feeling: the cold air, the spooky dangers lurking around the corner.”- Evan Peters
7. Nothing beats a haunted moonlit night on All Hallows Eve…. And on this fatal night, at this witching time, the starless sky laments black and unmoving. The somber hues of an ominous, dark forest are suddenly illuminated under the emerging face of the full moon.”– Kim Elizabeth
- “Darkness falls across the land, The Midnight Hour is close at hand”- Rodney Lynn Temperton
- “Anyone could see that the wind was a special wind this night, and the darkness took on a special feel because it was All Hallows’ Eve” -Ray Bradbury
- “There is magic in the night, when the pumpkins glow by moonlight”
- “The world turned upside down — in a good way — for one black velvet night” -Karen Fortunati
- “I am all in a sea of wonders. I doubt; I fear; I think strange things, which I dare not confess to my own soul.”– Bram Stoker
- “On Halloween, witches come true; wild ghosts escape from dreams. Each monster dances in the park”- Nicholas Gordon
- “Shadows of a thousands years rise again unseen, voices whisper in the trees, ‘Tonight is Halloween!'”-Dexter Kozen
- “When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers tis near Halloween!”
- “The dead rise again, bats fly, terror strikes and screams echo, for tonight it’s Halloween.”
- “Double, double toil and trouble; Fire burn and cauldron bubble.”- William Shakespeare
- “Eye of newt, and toe of frog,
Wool of bat, and tongue of dog,
Adder’s fork, and blind-worm’s sting,
Lizard’s leg, and owlet’s wing,—
For a charm of powerful trouble,
Like a hell-broth boil and bubble.
Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn, and cauldron bubble.”
― William Shakespeare
- “’Tis now the very witching time of night,
When churchyards yawn and hell itself breathes out
Contagion to this world.”
- “At first cock-crow the ghosts must go
Back to their quiet graves below.”
– Theodosia Garrison
- “The moon has awoken with the sleep of the sun, the light has been broken; the spell has begun”– Midgard Morningstar
- “There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dis-passionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery.”– Joseph Conrad
- “The farther we’ve gotten from the magic and mystery of our past, the more we’ve come to need Halloween.”-Paula Guran
- “Treats and tricks.
Lick their lips.
Crows and cats.
Capes and fangs
And pointed hats.
Upon us now.”
― Richelle E. Goodrich
- “When black cats prowl and pumpkins gleam, may luck be yours on Halloween.”
More Halloween Quotes
- The witches fly
Across the sky,
The owls go, “Who? Who? Who?”
The black cats yowl
And green ghosts howl,
“Scary Halloween to you!”
–Nina Willis Walter
- A magic night. A night when anything could happen. Monsters could be real. Magic could whisper in the air.”― Cynthia Ede
- “Haunt an old house.
Ask for a treat.
Laugh like a witch.
Lick something sweet.
Offer a trick
Wander a maze.
Echo a boo.
Exclaim the phrase—
Normal’s unnatural on Halloween!”
– Richelle E. Goodrich
- “The Harvest Moon glows round and bold,
In pumpkin shades outlined in gold,
Illuminating eerie forms,
Unnatural as a candied corn.
Beware what dare crawls up your sleeve,
For ’tis the night called Hallows Eve.”
– Richelle E. Goodrich
Halloween quotes funny
- “Keep calm & Scary on”
- “If the broom fits, ride it!”
- “Everyday is Halloween isn’t it? for some of us.”-Tim Burton
- “Ghosts and goblins, spooks galore, scary witches at your door. Jack O-lanterns burning bright, wishing you a haunting night”
- “Trick or treat, bag of sweets, ghosts are walking down the street.”
- “Don’t make me get my flying monkeys.”
Halloween quotes movie & music
- “Be afraid, be very afraid”-The Fly
- “I put a spell on you and now you’re mine”- Hocus Pocus-Jay Hawkins
- “It’s all just a bunch of Hocus Pocus”- Hocus Pocus
- “When the spooks have a midnight jamboree, they break it up with fiendish glee…”- Legend of Sleepy Hollow
- “I see dead people”– The Sixth Sense
- “Whatever you do, don’t fall asleep”– Nightmare on Elm Street
- “We’re all mad here” -Alice in Wonderland
- “Ding-dong, the witch is dead!” -The Wizard of Oz
- “I’m a ghost with the most, babe.” – Beetlejuice
- “It’s alive!” —Frankenstein
- “They’re creepy and they’re kooky, mysterious, and spooky.” —Andrew Gold
- “Woo hoo, witchy woman, she got the moon in her eye.” —The Eagles
- “I’m friends with the monster that’s under my bed.
Get along with the voices inside of my head”-Rihanna
- “It’s Time for a Good Scare”
- “This is where the Magic Happens”
- “Hell is Empty and All the Devils are Here”-William Shakespeare
- “A real Witch is Nothing Without her Ghoul Friends.”
- “My Fears Escape my Dreams on Halloween”
- “Tonight we Fly!”
- “Fright Night”
- “Howlin’ at the Moon”
- “Bow Down Witches!”
- “Are you Afraid”
- “You Sexy Witch”
- “Sprinkle a little Magic in your World”
- “Pumpkin Spice and Everything Nice”
- “Treat yo’ Self”
Halloween quotes for Instagram
- “Come here for a Spell”
- “Hello my Pretty”
- “Trick or treat”
- “Chills & Thrills”
- “Having a Bloody Good Time!”
- “Something Wicked this Way Comes”
- “Bad to the Bone”
- “Whats up Witches?”
- “Let’s get Wicked”
- “Drink Witches!”
- “Monster Mash”
- “You Handsome Devil”
- “I’m his Witch”
- “Happy Haunting”
- “Fright this way”
- “Mischief Managed”
- “Lets get Smashed”
- “To Cute to Spook”
- “A Magical Night”
- “Don’t Drink and Fly!”
- “Hocus Pocus & Chill”
- “Pick your Poison”
- “Believe in Magic”
- “If the broom fits, ride it!”
- “Be Witched”
- “Resting Witch Face”
- “Let’s get Spooky”
- “I am very Wicked”
- “Come this way for some Witches Brew”
- “Keep Calm and Horror On”
- “Eat, Drink & be Scary”
Conclusion Halloween quotes & captions
Halloween is such a fun holiday! And when you want to make signs for a Halloween party or create social media posts to celebrate the season, we have you covered.
Enjoy this magical holiday whether you have a fun party or are just enjoying a horror movie marathon! Cheers.