Use our thankful quotes to show appreciation for friends, family and as a reminder of all the good there is in life.
We all feel overwhelmed sometimes and it’s easy to focus on only the struggles. By taking a moment to be thankful for the people and everyday happy moments in our life, we can change our outlook.
What to say when you’re thankful?
When you are wondering how to express gratitude for yourself or your friends, sending a quick text may be all that it takes.
You can use one of our images from the article to uplift and send some positivity out into the world.
What are some thankful quotes?
We have chosen some thankful quotes & sayings to share with you friends to give hope.
We ALL need to be reminded of the good in our lives, especially when all too often we see only the negative.
Ways to use our thankful quotes
Being thankful and grateful can reset our mood and snap us back to counting the blessings in our life. We want to give you some ideas of how to use our thankful quotes to brighten someone’s day.
Try getting creative by giving a personalized gift or using our quotes for an Instagram caption. Feel free to use our images to text or send to your family or friends.
How to start your day thankful
- Wake up
- Be thankful
- Smile to yourself
Once you wake up, while still in bed follow our steps.
The first thing is to push aside the “to do list” and focus on being grateful. For just a few seconds, remind yourself about what you have that is good in your life.
Next, smile to yourself. This changes your physiology and makes you “feel” different.
After you get out of bed, try (if possible) to play a favorite song. Even if it’s just one!
Then you will be able to start your day in the best possible mindset.
- “Gratitude is being thankful for the life we have and not letting it just pass us by.”
- “Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.” – Robert Brault
- “I hope to thankfully capture every memory to relive it when I am old and gray.”
- “Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.”-Marcel Proust
- “I am thankful for the journey”
- “The world has enough beautiful mountains and meadows, spectacular skies and serene lakes. It has enough lush forests, flowered fields, and sandy beaches. It has plenty of stars and the promise of a new sunrise and sunset every day. What the world needs more of is people to appreciate and enjoy it.” — Michael Josephson
- “I am thankful for the darkness, it makes the light that much brighter.”
- “It’s a funny thing about life, once you begin to take note of the things you are grateful for, you begin to lose sight of the things that you lack.”― Germany Kent
9. “Gratitude changes the way that we see the world before us.”
- “I am so thankful for those who came before me and sacrificed so that I am able to achieve my goals.”
More thankful quotes
- “Every day you’re fortunate enough to wake up is the first day of a brand new life.”― Clyde Lee Dennis
- “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” — John F. Kennedy
- “The only thing you should feel entitled to is gratitude.”― J.S. Mason
- “A thankful heart is a happy heart.”― Anonymous
- “You will never be truly happy until you are grateful for what you already have.”― Jayce O’Neal
- “When you are grateful, fear disappears and abundance appears.”― Anthony Robbins
- “Be thankful for all you have experienced which has made you the person that you are today”
- “Whatever we are waiting for – peace of mind, contentment, grace, the inner awareness of simple abundance – it will surely come to us, but only when we are ready to receive it with an open and grateful heart.” – Sarah Ban Breathnach
- “Always be thankful for the little things… even the smallest mountains can hide the most breathtaking views’. – Nyki Mack
- “Gratitude helps us see the beauty of all of the things around us.”
- “It’s not happy people that are thankful. It is thankful people that are happy.”
- “It is impossible to feel grateful and depressed in the same moment.” — Naomi Williams
Thankful and grateful quotes
- “I am so grateful for the love that I have in my life.”
- “Be grateful for what you already have while you pursue your goals.”― Roy Bennett
- “As I woke up this morning, and I opened my eyes, I am very grateful to see another sunrise”― Charmaine J Forde
- “Give thanks for family, friends and good health.”
- “Life is a gift”
- “The secret of being happy is accepting where you are in life and making the most out of every day.”
- “Remember that life’s greatest lessons are usually learned at the worst times and from the worst mistakes.”
- “Acknowledging the good that you already have in your life is the foundation for all abundance.” — Eckhart Tolle
- “Today, take a moment to quietly be thankful for all that you have.”
- “Be grateful. You only have this one life and it will be as beautiful as you make it”― Independent Zen
- “Whenever you feel like criticizing anyone…just remember that all the people in this world haven’t had the advantages that you’ve had.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “Gratitude turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order, confusion into clarity…it makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.” — Melody Beattie
- “Cultivate the habit of being grateful for every good thing that comes to you, and to give thanks continuously. And because all things have contributed to your advancement, you should include all things in your gratitude.”-Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “‘Thank you’ is the best prayer that anyone could say. I say that one a lot. Thank you expresses extreme gratitude, humility, understanding.”-Alice Walker
- “Remember when you prayed for the things you have now.”
- “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.” – Marcus Tullius Cicero
- “Every day may not be good. But there’s something good in every day.”
- “I’m thankful for every moment.” – Al Green
- “Keep your eyes open to your mercies. The man who forgets to be thankful has fallen asleep in life.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
- “’I am thankful for my struggle because without it, I wouldn’t have stumbled upon my strength.”-Alexandra Elle
Thankful quotes for friends
Our friends can be a lifeline in an often difficult world that is filled with normal life challenges. Let them know what they mean to you by telling or showing them!
Sending a small gift or a quote will help them know what their support has meant to you and your life.
- “…I’m so thankful for friendship. It beautifies life so much.”L.M. Montgomery-
- “I am so grateful for all that you have brought my life.”
- “Gratitude opens the door to happiness.”
- “The unthankful heart discovers no mercies; but the thankful heart will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings.”― Henry Ward Beecher
- “It’s ironic that when you go through a tragedy, you appreciate more. You realize how fragile life is and that there are so many things to still be thankful for.’ – Adam Grant
- “ I may not have everything that I want, but am so grateful for having everything I need.”
- “I am so thankful that my friends have become my family.”
- “In the New Year, never forget to thank your past years because they enabled you to reach today! Without the stairs of the past, you cannot arrive at the future!”― Mehmet Murat ildan
- “Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.”― Ellen Hopkins
- “Count Your Blessings And Not Your Depressings”― John M Sheehan
- “Express gratitude for the greatness of small things.”― Richie Norton
- “For me, every hour is grace. And I feel gratitude in my heart each time I can meet someone and look at his or her smile.”-Elie Wiesel
More thankful quotes for friends
- “Appreciation is the highest form of prayer, for it acknowledges the presence of good wherever you shine the light of your thankful thoughts”. – Alan Cohen
- “Your friendship means the world to me”
- “I am so thankful for my girlfriends, you are my sisters”
- “Be grateful & thankful for what you have been given.”
- “The more thankful that I am, the more things there are to be thankful for.”
- “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.”-Oprah Winfrey
- “At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.” – Albert Schweitzer
- “Being grateful all the time isn’t easy. But it’s when you feel least thankful that you are most in need of what gratitude can give you: perspective. Gratitude can transform any situation.
- “It alters your vibration, moving you from negative energy to positive. It’s the quickest, easiest, most powerful way to effect change in your life—this I know for sure.”― Oprah Winfrey
- “Gratitude changes the pangs of memory into a tranquil joy.” – Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- “Be present in all things and thankful for all things.”- Maya Angelou
- “The heart that gives thanks is a happy one, for we cannot feel thankful and unhappy at the same time.”-Douglas Wood
- “When life is sweet, say thank you and celebrate. And when life is bitter, say thank you and grow.”-Shauna Niequist
- “Be thankful for everything that happens in your life; it’s all an experience.”-Roy T. Bennett
Thankful quotes for family
Our family relationships can be complicated, but many relationships can be warmed by showing appreciation.
Acknowledging their place in your life or heart is a great way to show your thanks. Many of our thankful quotes can also be used for thoughtful gifts for our homes.
- “A house is never small or empty, when filled with love.”― Anthony Liccione
- “I am so blessed to have you in my life.”
- “Express gratitude for the greatness of small things.”― Richie Norton
- “Thank you for helping to make me into the person that I am today.”
- “Always be thankful for what you have, because you never know when it might be gone.”― Micalea Smeltzer
- “Build your home in small moments of joy, and you will always feel at home.”― Charlotte Eriksson
- “We must find time to stop and thank the people who make a difference in our lives.”-John F. Kennedy
- “I am so thankful for my family, I love you with all my heart.”
- “When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself.”-Tecumseh
Thankful quotes for or him
There are times that you want to let your boyfriend, husband or friends know that you are thankful for them. Other times you want to send them some positivity when they need it most.
- “Just the thought of you, brings me so much joy.”
- “I am so thankful that you are in my life.”
- “Something so simple, but it’s important to take the time out from living and just appreciate what you’ve got right in front of you.”― L.A. Fiore
- “No matter how hard life can get, go to bed grateful for all you have.”
- “If a fellow isn’t thankful for what he’s got, he isn’t likely to be thankful for what he’s going to get.” — Frank A. Clark
- “Be thankful for all the lessons learned.”
- “The thought of you brings me great joy.”
- “Thankfulness is the quickest path to joy.”-Jefferson Bethke
- “You ought to be thankful a whole heaping lot, for the places and people you’re lucky you’re not!”-Dr. Seuss
- “I’m thankful for each and every day. We never know when time is up.”-Chuck Berry
- “The most beautiful way to start the day is with a grateful heart.”
- ”There will always be people in your life who treat you wrong. Be sure to thank them for making you strong”. – Zig Ziglar
- “Be grateful for what you have and stop complaining – it bores everybody else, does you no good, and doesn’t solve any problems”. – Zig Ziglar
Conclusion Thankful quotes
Use our thankful and grateful quotes to share or create memorable gifts for your friends.
Our being thankful quotes and sayings remind us all how a little bit of gratefulness can lighten our load and make us smile.
We have many quotes that can be used to show our loved ones how we feel about them and what they mean to us.