Our walking taco bar is perfect for game days or for a couples game night.
Walking Taco Bar
This recipe is from our best couple games for an extra fun date night. This is a casual favorite for any sports game or graduation party plus the clean up is a piece of cake! We always ate these at the different sports games that we went to.
The crazy thing is that you actually can get cravings for this! although we used and prefer Doritos, any type of tortilla chip or Fritos will work great too.
- 1 lb. 85% ground beef
- Vegetarian- refried beans heated instead of the meat
- 1 Packet of your favorite taco seasoning
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 2 c Chopped tomatoes
- 8 small bags of Doritos
- 2 c Shredded lettuce
- 8 oz Sour cream
- 8 oz Guacamole
- 8 oz Salsa
- 8 oz Shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 oz Jalapenos
- Fry the ground beef over medium heat until browned. Drain.
- Add the taco seasoning or your own chili seasoning
- add 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- mix and set aside in a decorative bowl or crock pot to keep warm
- if vegetarian heat refried beans and set in a bowl
- Set up the rest of the ingredients in separate decorative bowls
- Set the small Dorito bags in a basket.
- Assembly- Have each guest add approx. 1/4 cup taco meat, and sprinkle cheese, tomatoes and add any other toppings that they would like to their bag.
- The best part is having your guests add whatever toppings that they prefer. Set some napkins and forks and you are good to go! This recipe can be doubled and tripled depending on your group size. Figure 1-2 bags per person.